These are wonderful ideas for the frugal Witch!
1. Herbs and Spices. The spice section is great for picking up herbs and spices that can be used in sachets, incense blends, and mojo bags. I’ve found:
-Chili Powder (used in hoodoo/voodoo)
-Oregano (marriage blessing/kitchen witchery)
-Onion Powder (protection)
2. Sea Salt. Sometimes it’s coarse, and sometimes it’s finely ground. Either way, there is usually some kind of bulk salt available for circle-casting and whatnot.
3. Candles. Tea candles, pillar candles, jar candles. They have them all. Personally, I prefer the unscented white ones, which are great all-purpose candles for carving symbols in and anointing with various oils. They are generally much cheaper at the dollar store than almost anywhere else.
4. Seasonal decor. I usually make a trip before any given Cross Quarter holiday for altar decorations.
5. Incense. Truth be told, I am not a big fan of…
View original post 172 more words